1. Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center – Designed by Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid, Heydar Aliyev Center offers tourists a journey to one of the most extraordinary buildings located in Azerbaijan.
2. National Museum of History of Azerbaijan – The former mansion of the Azerbaijani national industrial magnate and philanthropist, Haji Zeynalabdin Tagiyev, operates as the National Museum of History of Azerbaijan since 1920.
3. Azerbaijani Carpet Museum – Azerbaijani carpets are the unique piece of art and craft for more than 3000 years. Every single detail of their design has taken many years of the talented women of Azerbaijan and you will be fascinated with the beauty of carpets exhibited in the museum.
4. Uzeyir Hajibeyov's House Museum – The house museum of Uzeyir Hajibeyov, a notable Azerbaijani composer, (the composer of the national anthem of the Republic of Azerbaijan) contains materials, personal items, manuscripts and ancient books reflecting his life.
5. Nizami Museum of Literature – Located in the city center and named after Nizami Ganjavi, prominent poet and thinker, the museum gives you a chance to explore the rich literary heritage of Azerbaijani people.
6. Archaeological and Ethnographic Museum Complex – The museum is divided into 2 main parts. The archaeology section offers a historical trip through the past of Azerbaijan from the Stone Age to the late Middle Ages. In another part of the museum, the ethnography section, lifestyle and culture of Azerbaijanis are represented.
7. National Art Museum of Azerbaijan – As one of the most prestigious museums of Azerbaijan, the National Art Museum of Azerbaijan houses over 15.000 artworks featuring Azerbaijan, European, Russian and Eastern art.
8. House Museum of Nobel Brothers in Baku Villa Petrolea – As an oil-rich country, Azerbaijan has attracted a lot of foreign investors to the country. Villa Petrolea was built by one of them, Nobel brothers, to accommodate workers of the company namely Petroleum Production Company Nobel Brothers (also known as Branobel) .
9. Museum of Modern Art – Walking through the museum, you will enjoy avant-garde art of the 20th century, the masterpieces by popular Azerbaijani as well as world-famous painters of all time.
10. Miniature Books Museum – The museum tiny books collected by Zarifa Salahova has won the Certificate of the Guinness Book of Records as the largest private museum of miniature books.